Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

Perfectly Lemon Low Carb Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes almost two years ago for my niece Jessie's birthday and have never posted them.   I was sitting here today flipping through my huge stack of old recipes, searching for my low carb doughnut recipes and I rediscovered them.  I think they might work great for doughnuts too.
Or try my Baked Chocolate Doughnuts.  Today is Mother's Day and I'm going to go make myself a cupcake. Many hugs and blessings to all the Mother's of the world.  xoxo
Makes 6-8 cupcakes.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup butter, melted or coconut oil
• 1/2 cup organic local honey
• 6 eggs
• 1/2 cup gluten free almond flour, packed (not almond meal)
• 1/2 cup gluten free coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• zest and juice of one lemon

Instructions: 

Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 degrees C.

  1. In a medium bowl whisk together melted butter or oil, honey, and eggs.
  2. In another bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda.
  3. Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
  4. Add zest and lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
  5. Scoop into 12 lined cupcake tins. 
  6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until they are golden or test clean with toothpick
  7. Frost with your favorite gluten free frosting

Comments