Featured Post

Brilliant Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons, GF, Sugarfree option

I love the sweet chewiness of a coconut macaroon but the sugar content in the commercial products was always too much for my tastes. Until I made these...They are divine and healthy! And guess what? they are super easy to make gluten free!

PB&J Paleo Baked Doughnuts, GF, DF, SF

These little beauties are surprisingly light and fluffy!  I had some skinless peanuts in the freezer that I wanted to try grinding into flour and baking something paleo.  I've never used peanuts, not due to allergies, I just didn't think I would like the flavor in baked goods.  I expected it to be stronger, like peanut butter.  Actually, they turned out really yummy. The peanut flavor is mild, and topping them with jam is so good!
I was really pleased with how much easier peanuts are to grind than almonds, and they cost a little less.  I'm sure you can substitute whatever nut you prefer if you have sensitivities to peanuts.  Or maybe a combination of ground nuts and seeds would be good?  You might also like to try my Baked Chocolate Doughnuts if you want something a little more decadent  :)
Makes 6-8 large doughnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease your doughnut pan with olive oil

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups organic peanuts, ground to a fine meal  (I use a coffee mill)
  • 1/4 cup Stevia Baking Blend or equal substitution of your favorite sweetener
  • 10 drops vanilla liquid Stevia  
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large organic eggs
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten free pure vanilla extract
Instructions:
  1. Grind peanuts, sift and regrind any large bits
  2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with the rest of the ingredients, add the peanut meal and stir well
  3. The batter should be thick but spoonable.
  4. Spoon batter into doughnut pan, filling each almost full
  5. Bake for apx 15 minutes or until firm to touch and a toothpick comes out clean.
  6. Let sit to cool for a few minutes and then remove from pan and cool doughnuts on a rack.  After doughnuts are cool glaze with organic jam.